Lifeguard job description – A lifeguard is a rescuer who responsible about the safety and rescue of swimmers, surfers, and other water sports participants such as in a water park,swimming pool, beach or river in emergency situation.
LIFEGUARD JOB DESCRIPTION
- acts appropriately and immediately in case of emergency.
- interact with the public and welcome all visitors
- Follow and obey Pool Safe Operating Procedures at all times
- Keep a watchful eye of the swimming pool areas in compliance with the operating procedures and take necessary action to ensure the security of all pool staff and users.
- Inspect the security of equipment in areas of responsibility and report any damage or malfunction of equipment, plant or building material to the Manager immediately.
- Help in the preparation and performance of activities and events, including the assembly and dismantling of equipment and minor repairs when required.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene of facilities at all times.
- Make sure that lost property is managed and recorded in accordance with procedures.
- Patrol all areas of the center and make sure that all regions are being used in the right order, making appropriate adjustments as required.
- Help the Duty Manager in keeping sports action, activity areas and shops in a clean, safe and tidy manner.
- To help in the opening and closing of the facilities when required and help in monitoring the safety of their premises at all times.
- Assist with the supervision and management of children’s activities such as parties, playground and classes.
- Perform review of pool safety gear including saving alarms and aids in compliance with the operating procedures.
- Perform regular checks of clients’ receipts to guarantee evidence of payment for entry to the swimming pool.
- Follow the Pool’s Health and Safety procedures at all times.
- To report any maintenance problems using the right procedures.
- To attend relevant training courses as required
- Obey the Emergency Action Plan for the facilities and help with any such incidents in the right manner.
lifeguard job Requirement
- Skill in life-guarding surveillance and Rescue methods.
- Commitment to team-working, and respect and attention for the abilities of others.
- Outstanding communication skills when dealing with the public.
- Ability to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow regular verbal and written directions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to work weekend and early evening shifts.
Lifeguard earn annually?
For all lifeguards is about $9.25 each hour, but will vary by location and experience. Experienced beach lifeguards can make $16 per hours or longer.
How old you can be a lifeguard?
The American Red Cross Only certifies people that are 15 years old or older to be Lifeguards, so you will have to offer evidence of your age when applying for a lifeguard position. Also many pool or waterfront management Businesses require a background check.