Dishwasher or Steward is primarily responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of silverware, glassware, chinaware and cookware.
Dishwasher work at the back that’s means no contact with the guest or customer but the job task of dishwasher is really important to make daily operation smooth and safe.
Dishwasher must is a details Person , Understand Clean and Sanitary, also responsible for Safety & Security of equipment
dishwasher job description:
- Operates and maintains the dish washing machine
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Scrapes and rinses food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dish washing machine depending on assigned equipment. Ensures complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Washes pots, pans and trays and Ensure complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Polishes silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel and hand cloth depending on assigned equipment and procedures. Ensures complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Removes dishes from flip and sorts and stacks them according to banquet rooms and classifications
- Ensures compliance with outlined safety procedures.
- Maintains temperatures and chemical levels as outlined by provided standards.
- Keeps dish area orderly and in compliance with safety standards.
- Maintain cleanliness of floors, mats, drains, walls, and shelves in the kitchen areas.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks and other food prep surfaces.
- Removes trash and places it in designated containers. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Helps load and unload supplies and product.
- Keeps work areas, hallways, and walk-in coolers clean by sweeping, mopping, cleaning surfaces, and emptying garbage containers
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
- Assist with kitchen deliveries including proper storage, organization, and rotation of products
- Performs other duties as assigned.
dishwasher job requirement:
- Have a good communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Prefers to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task efficiently
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to prioritize and work efficiently with limited supervision
- Must be able to speak and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 100 lbs., on a regular and continuing basis.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.