courtesy clerk job description – A Courtesy Clerk functions in a grocery store is more commonly called a bagger. The main responsibility of your job As Courtesy Clerk is client service. But this means more Than simply carrying grocery bags for shoppers. You also help to make sure shelves are full by restocking products.
courtesy clerk job description
- Packaged each customer purchases so that they can be transported safely and easily between the store and the customer’s house, bags, and boxes must be chosen for the dimensions, shape, and weight of the purchases
- Displayed price check, take return products back to appropriate shelf locations
- Maintained front end and parking lot, helping customers to their cars and collecting shopping carts from the parking lot
- Provided each customer with a positive customer service experience and performed stock and balance cash drawers
- Demonstrated an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly customer service
- Resolved customer complaints, provided advice, and answered customer’s questions
- Operated check stand equipment like a cash register, scanner and scale to process customer orders using two aisles to check clients, engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques
- Processed monetary transactions including giving and receiving cash, checks, gift certificates, travelers checks, food stamps, issue trading stamps, processing coupons and refunds
- Developed the knowledge of current product place and ensures appropriate pricing.
- Recommended and helped clients select merchandise based on their needs.
- Confirmed that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems
- Informed customers about sales and promotions in a friendly and engaging manner
- Tracked down sources of special services and products to meet customers’ special needs.
- Properly bagged patrons groceries to preference
- Provided a clean work environment
- Engaged the clients in friendly dialogue
- Assisted clients by leading them personally to desired products
- Stocked shelves and managed stock
- Bagged customer products and assisted them to their vehicles
- Maintained awareness of store inventory & sales actions.
- Performed duties related to the cash register.
- Processed checks & credit card payments, managed product returns & exchanges.
- Greeted customers entering store, actively listened to customers’ inquiries and/or solved complaints.
- Returned stray carts and maintained carts clean.
- Pushing carts, mopping and sweeping the facilities, and ensuring the store was presentable.
- Provided excellent customer service
- Assisted customers with groceries to their cars
- Kept parking lot clean and organized grocery carts
- Stocked food and drinks
- Maintained and sanitized work station
- Provides excellent customer service and increased product knowledge in the store
- Bagging Processes
- Product place and Price check knowledge
- Inventory control
- Outstanding Interpersonal communication skills
- Shop security standards
- Problem solving
- Active volunteer for cancer research fund raising
How much does a courtesy clerk make an hour?
The average Pay for a Courtesy Clerk is $8.46 a hour. People in this work generally do not have over 10 years’ experience