Carpenter job description – Carpenters is a job that responsible for construct, erect, install, and repair structures and Fixtures made from wood and other materials. Carpenters are involved in many different kinds of structure, from the construction of highways and bridges to the installation of kitchen cabinets.
How many hours does works?
Some carpenters work indoors and operate a standard 40-hour week (8 hours a day, 5 days a week). Other carpenters work mostly outdoors and may work varied hours based on the demands of the project. As with many professions in construction, there are peak periods that will require you to work overtime.
How much can a carpenter make?
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Average Pay for carpenter in 2012 was $44,520 per year, or $21.41 hourly, In the high end, the top 10 percent of carpenters earned $34.90 per hour or more. The lowest 10 percent of income earners earned $11.96 or less per hour.
carpenter job description
- Perform all renovations and construction responsibilities in all trade areas
- Realize if a particular trade is required to fix a problem.
- Perform preventative care when needed.
- Perform interior or outside general carpentry and refinishing
- Perform new or repair work as required.
- Perform minor electric work- lighting ballast, change etc..
- Understand and work from oral and written instructions.
- Recommend equipment and supplies for purchase.
- Accessible to work various schedules or shifts to accomplish tasks.
- Accountable for security check and repairs to all district playground equipment.
- Perform other duties and accept additional duties as assigned.
- Climb ladders, lift and carry up to 80 pounds for a distance up to 100 feet.
- Work in places such as bending, twisting, extended reach over the head, extended reach in the front of the body, and walking
- Use with competence all tools common to several trades.
- Know and apply all oral and written safety instructions.
- Constantly using protective gear in any task that might lead to injury or illness.
- Report any illness that may cause injury or illness.
- Operate power equipment based on security guidelines.
- Stay up-to-date professionally throughout the assortment of excellent staff development opportunities for individual growth.
- Research district policy, precedent, and present practices before taking action.
- Participate as an effective team member who contributes to department, district, and content objectives.
- Demonstrate ethics and integrity.
- Display proficient levels of technology programs.
- Use time wisely for successful management of job duties.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and managers to make certain that the aims of the school/department are fulfilled.
- Maintain a professional and positive tone in most communication like email, written, and verbal.
- Perform other duties and accept additional responsibilities as delegated
- Perform skilled carpentry work involved in the repair, remodeling and construction of buildings and fittings.
- Operate and maintain various carpentry tools and equipment.
- Construct, install and repair a variety of buildings and fittings.
- Read blueprints and work from plans, specifications and diagrams.
- Lift heavy objects and perform heavy manual labor.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.